Learn outside the classroom on Junior Farm - book your group visit today!
At the moment we are unable to host birthday parties due to social distancing measures, as soon as possible we will have parties back up and running with some new and exciting packages to choose from!
Not only will a visit to our farm provide the perfect canvas for learning, it’s also a fantastic opportunity for your class to interact outside of the classroom. We’ll provide a day of hands-on experiences as they explore our farm, play, and learn about the importance of the countryside, its animals and where the food they eat comes from. Wroxham Barns Junior Farm is a member of the Countryside Education Visits Accreditation Scheme and its wide range of countryside and fun activities makes it a great place for children to visit.
We are recognised as suitable for pre-school to Key Stages 1 and 2, although enjoyable for all ages, and the activities and talks at our Junior Farm are useful for working towards attainment targets within the National Curriculum and can help with school project work – hooray!
Enjoy the delights of farm life in a safe and friendly environment:
- Three-acre children’s farm, full of friendly animals
- A wide selection of mammals and birds, including goats, ponies, sheep, pigs, donkeys, ducks, chickens, geese, turkeys, rabbits & guinea pigs
- Three large animal barns, animal nursery, piggery, seven paddocks and pond
- Outside seating and purpose-built school barn for lunch
- Field play area
- A free bag of animal feed for each child
- Introductory talk included for parties of ten or more
- Pre-visits are free and include a refreshment voucher (please arrange with us in advance
- Risk assessments for all activities are provided (on our website)
- Experienced, fully-trained staff are available to help advise your group
- Our health and safety standards are high – advice cards are given out as standard
- Suitable for Pre-school and Key Stage 1 & 2
- Helpful towards National Curriculum targets
- Special needs and disabled groups are welcome
- Coach Drivers are given a £10 refreshment voucher
- We are members of Farms For Schools
Being a Farm attraction our Junior Farm risk assessments already cover infectious disease/virus control, our practices and procedures will also extend to cover the mitigation of Covid-19. We have of course increased our sanitising of high touch point areas, all visitors visiting Junior farm will wash their hands upon arrival, then after interacting with animals, and once again once leaving the Farm. We have hot water and soap hand washing facilities at various points around Junior Farm. Our farm has always been a no food or drink environment to act again as infection and germ control. On each school visit you get access to our School room, which is solely for your group, no other guests will have access to this area, this is where you can eat packed lunches, and store any items you like, this is sanitised prior to your visit and again once you have left. We would just like to reassure you that we have robust procedures in place, as I’m sure you are aware we have strong practices in place and are regulated by the National Farm Attraction Network, we also have a KIWA accreditation for our health and hygiene practices on Junior farm, along with our animal husbandry. We were one of the first farm attractions in the country to put ourselves forward for this accreditation and to be awarded it (there are over 300 farm attractions in the country). We also follow guidelines and practices from Defra and all other relevant governing bodies. If you have any specific questions or queries you can contact Ben Marshall, our General Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019 rate for Educational Visits is £5.95 each for adults and children aged 2 and over. Carers are charged at £2.95
If the visit is in term time then 1 adult for every 3 children aged between 2 and 4 is allowed in free and 1 adult for every 5 children aged 5 and over is allowed in free.
Your invoice will be raised on the day of the visit and payment on the day is preferred. We do understand that this is not always possible; therefore payment may be made by cheque or via a bank transfer within 10 days of the invoice date.