We are really pleased that you are showing interest in joining our team at Wroxham Barns.
We are looking for an experienced Retail Supervisor to join our existing team to help us in The Pantry (our lovely “gift” foodie outlet) and also in The Gallery (gifts, clothes and accessories).
This is a permanent full-time post though we would consider part-time for the right candidate. It is essential, however, that you are able to be flexible with the days you are able to work.
You must be a confident and enthusiastic person who sees customer service as a number one priority, just like we do.
A few more details . . .
- The ideal candidate needs to be flexible with regards to working weekends and school holidays. Previous retail experience is essential.
- Supervise the day to day smooth running of the Gallery and Pantry to ensure that high standards of retailing are achieved.
- Organise staff weekly rotas, lunch breaks and annual holidays for all staff, liaising with the Manager when necessary.
- To take responsibility of duty manager and first aider as required.
- To be involved in a successful buying strategy working with the Manager to achieve a high performance stock-turnover.
- Organise good stock presentation and stock rotation to ensure customer choice is available at the right time, correctly priced.
- Attend gift shows and meet with company representatives to select stock.
- To place agreed orders with company representatives in the absence of the manager.
- To supervise the handling of all stock including pricing, stock book procedure, returns and storage.
- To be responsible for the opening and closing of the business including till reconciliation.
- I.T. skills including the ability to use email and social media are an advantage.
- To supervise the general tidying and cleanliness of stock daily, ensuring all stock sold is replenished as soon as possible. Visual merchandising skills are an advantage.
- To attend training courses and staff meetings as and when required. To further that training within the retail team.
- Responsible for planning your daily work tasks and those of the retail team.
If that sounds like you, or maybe somebody you know, then please download the application form below. Please forward your completed form to Rebecca Davidson – firstname.lastname@example.org
There are lots of lovely reasons to visit Wroxham Barns but our most important asset is our people.
Buildings don’t give good customer service or go the extra mile. Buildings don’t see when customers need help or are not happy with their experience. Only people can do that.
We have a diverse workforce in terms of gender, age and experience. We need staff to serve our customers in our shops, restaurant, coffee shop and to care for our animals on Junior Farm. The crucial attribute that is non-negotiable is a tendency to smile (which you will do if you are enjoying your work) and a desire to do your very best to help our team exceed our customers expectations.
Download our application form and let’s see what we can do. We do not promise to give you an interview but we will let you know what’s possible. Before applying, you may want to have a good look at our website, and check us out on facebook and twitter.Wroxham Barns Application Form